Massu believes he's on right track after year in Challengers

by: Matt Cronin | February 06, 2013

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email

Although he suffered a three-set loss to Albert Montanes in Vina del Mar, former Olympic gold medalist Nicolas Massu of Chile says he was pleased with the way he played and believes he’s once again on the right track.

The 33-year-old is currently ranked No. 578 and spent 2012 playing Challengers, where he only reached one semifinal. “I just missed winning, but the good thing is that I am returning to the path of good tennis,” Massu told reporters. "Now I'm another player and I feel ready to play at this level. Last year I was here with pain, I wasn’t competitive, then I was injured six months without competing and I was paying the consequences of that. Now I'm healthy and motivated again.”

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email

More Stories

With win over Dimitrov, Djokovic cruises into quarterfinals in Queen's

The Serb’s win over the world No. 5 was his first win over a Top 10 player since last May.

Federer fights off match point to beat Paire in three-setter in Halle

The world No. 1 extended his grass-court winning streak to 18 matches.

Federer, Nadal & the Greatest Match Ever—An Oral History, Part 4 of 12

"The match started, and I saw the first point, which was incredible."