Nadal will play Miami Masters in 2014

by: Matt Cronin | December 01, 2013

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email

AP Photo

After skipping the tournament this year, Rafael Nadal has decided to play the Sony Open Tennis (Miami Masters) in March 2014.

“I was very disappointed that I was not able to attend last year’s tournament and am looking forward to returning in 2014,” said Nadal in a statement. “I love to play in Miami because of its beautiful location and tremendous fans support. Miami is an international city, and the diverse crowds that attend the tournament create an unbelievable atmosphere. I am excited to see all my fans in Miami this year.”

After playing four tournaments in six weeks right after returning from knee trouble, Nadal pulled out of Miami following his victory at Indian Wells. Nadal will not play the Latin American ATP tournament in Viña del Mar, Chile, in February 2014. He launched his return to tournament tennis at Viña del Mar, where he lost in the final to to Horacio Zeballos. He will play the new ATP tournament in Rio de Janeiro, but has not decided whether he will accept invitations to compete in Buenos Aires and Acapulco.

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email

More Stories

Boris Becker to head men's tennis for German federation

The six-time Grand Slam champion will advise all top male players from the country.

As Federer wows with his play, Hamilton's playwright admires from afar

Lin-Manuel Miranda said that he wrote half of Hamilton while watching Federer's matches. 

An inside look at Team Federer with his former coach, Paul Annacone

Annacone traveled the globe with Federer for parts of four seasons.