The latest word is that Caroline Wozniacki, presently perched at No. 11 in the WTA rankings, is quite content with her two years atop the heap and couldn't ask much more of her career.
Defeatist tones, if you ask me, but she does mention that the drive to win a Grand Slam title keeps her coming back for more on the practice court. Without further ado, here are the singular things a few of the game's top-flight professionals wish they, too, could obtain. Bear in mind, as Robert Browning had it, "Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?"
1. John Isner: A ground game. 70-68? That was just ridiculous.
2. Maria Sharapova: "Another win over Serena Williams. I swear, I will do anything. I will (gasp-shriek) come to net."
3. Agnieszka Radwanska: One true weapon.
4. Novak Djokovic: Gluten! Pleeease. I beseech you.
5. Roger Federer: Just. One. More.
7. Rafael Nadal: A new body, no?
8. Venus Williams: What he said.
9. Bethanie Mattek-Sands: Consistency! Sweet, holy consistency!
What's the one thing you'd gladly hand one of today's top pros if you had the chance?
Got a thought, a tip, or a point to make? Hit me on Twitter @jonscott9.