Djokovic: Wrist injury not serious, will not miss tournaments

by: Kamakshi Tandon | April 22, 2014

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email

AP

Novak Djokovic expects to be able to return at Madrid from the wrist injury that affected him at Monte Carlo. The world No. 2 had previously said he would take "some time" to recover from the problem.

Medical analysis showed that it is "not that serious," said a release from the ATP, with Djokovic to rest the wrist for several days before playing again.

"Fortunately, the situation with the injury is better than it first seemed," Djokovic was quoted as saying. ''Doctors assured me that I will be ready for Madrid, then Rome and Roland Garros, just as it has been planned. However, I need to continue with the recovery process and full medical treatments. It means I will have to take a short break in order to recover as soon as possible."

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email

More Stories

It's just amazing": Qualifier Klizan defeats Djokovic in Barcelona

The 140th-ranked player in the world topped the error-prone Serb, 6-2, 1-6, 6-3.

Tough Call: Should HawkEye be used on clay?

Read our experts' thoughts and cast your vote.

Fresh off clay run in Monte Carlo, Kei Nishikori retires in Barcelona

The world No. 22 quit after losing the first set to Guillermo Garcia-Lopez.