Fognini not focusing on Top 10 opportunity

by: Kamakshi Tandon | April 16, 2014

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email

AP

Fabio Fognini, who has a chance to become the first Italian man in the Top 10 since 1978, says he is not concentrating on the rankings.

"Right now everybody in Italy, they talking that I have to be Top 10," he said at Monte Carlo, where he beat Roberto Bautista Agust to reach the round of 16. "It's not my problem. I'm okay at the moment. I feel really good. I'm in a good way. I'm really confident."

Fognini, currently No. 13, reached the semifinals at Monte Carlo last year and could drop out of the Top 15 if he does not defend that result.

"Of course, I have four big tournaments to play, another one like Munich," he said. "A lot of points [to defend] during this time. I just thinking about my game every week. If I have the chance or not, depends because too many things can happen.”

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email

More Stories

What we learned about Federer, Nadal, McEnroe and the new Laver Cup

Tradition and innovation can really can co-exist peacefully in tennis.

My Tennis Life: Sam Groth trains in Florida ahead of ATP Challenger

The Australian spent time in Tampa getting ready for another tournament swing.

What's at Stake: Races to Singapore, WTA No. 1 are on at Wuhan Open

Will Garbine Muguruza hold onto the top spot for the remainder of 2017?