Hingis, wanting to concentrate on doubles, no longer coaching Lisicki

by: Kamakshi Tandon | June 23, 2014

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email

AP

Sabine Lisicki is no longer being coached by Martina Hingis. The 24-year-old German indicated that Hingis wanted to concentrate on her return to doubles.

"Martina and I have parted ways on a mutual agreement. After winning the doubles title in Miami she found the desire to play doubles again," said Lisicki on Facebook.

Lisicki, who reached the Wimbledon singles final a year ago, will once again be coached by her father.

Lisicki said that she and Hingis, who won Miami together, might still be "playing doubles together here and there."

Hingis received a wild card into the Wimbledon doubles with Vera Zvonareva.

For complete Wimbledon coverage, including updated draws and reports from Steve Tignor, head to our tournament page.

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email

More Stories

Freedoms top Empire for first win in Mylan World TeamTennis

Taylor Townsend had a hand in three of the five sets won by Philadelphia. 

World Cup of Tennis put on hold for at least a year

The ITF said it wants to combine next year's Davis Cup and Fed Cup finals into one event. 

Last Year Today: Seal dedicates song to Djokovic at concert in Spain

In happier times for the Serb, the singer performed "Kiss from a Rose" in his honor.