1. Think big and go for it! Remember you must think big time and be different. In time, your success will out-weigh your failures.
2. Ideas are temporary missions. Success is a reality.
3. There is only one way to play the game for anything in life! To win.
4. Road signs are great for direction, but what are you going to do when you’ve reached your destination?
5. Life is so good when everything is going your way, but how will you react when things are not going as planned?
6. Yes, tennis has been an educator for me in so many ways, even outside the game of tennis.
7. Wow. In high school, I had so many wild dreams, including becoming a super star quarterback and a Navy fighter pilot. Did my dreams come true? Well, I was the star quarterback on my high school team, but I did not become a fighter pilot!
But, I did become a master paratrooper and was a guest to fly in a F-18 Blue Angel fighter jet! Wow-wow. I also landed on the deck of the George Washington Aircraft Carrier, and that was not just a dream!
8. Yes, I did time in the service as a master paratrooper. My good friend was also my pilot when I was invited to fly with the Blue Angels in an F-18.
The dictionary does not define words. People do. Words are symbols, and they mean different things to different people at various times and places.
Take the word “trust” for instance. Trusting someone to deliver a package on time, score a goal, or deliver a sales pitch all represent certain levels of trust.
However, trusting someone to fly directly at you and pass within inches of your aircraft represents a whole other degree of trust. For a Blue Angel pilot, the word trust carries a significant meaning: the difference between life and death!!
Let’s use the word trust where it might apply to you:
a. You are the football team quarterback. You must trust your line to protect you.
b. You are a student attending school. You must trust your teacher.
c. You are C.E.O. of your company. You must trust all of your employees.
d. You are a tennis player. You must trust your coach and your team.
Remember: Never, ever, ever say the words, “I can’t do it."
Have a question for Nick Bollettieri? Use #AskNick on social media and the legendary coach may select yours to answer!