Petra Kvitova's quarterfinal match against Viktoria Kuzmova went a lot better than the Czech's first two in Dubai. The 2019 Australian Open runner-up needed three sets to beat both Katerina Siniakova and Jennifer Brady, but she was able to roll past Kuzmova in a 6-4, 6-0 victory.
The 2019 season has been kind to Kvitova so far, as the 28-year-old followed up a title run in Brisbane with an appearance in the final at the Australian Open. Kvitova continues to look like the elite player she was before a knife attack nearly ended her career late in 2016.
Kvitova will now face Su-Wei Hsieh for a spot in the final. Hsieh has already beaten both Angelique Kerber and Karolina Pliskova in this tournament alone. The two met one another in the round of 32 in Miami last year, when Pliskova won 6-4, 1-6, 7-6 (4).
ATP Rio De Janeiro
• Starting Monday 2/18, at 2:30 pm ET, catch live coverage of the Rio Open featuring Dominic Thiem, Fabio Fognini, and Diego Schwartzman.
• Watch Naomi Osaka, Petra Kvitova, Simona Halep and Karolina Pliskova live from the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships starting Saturday, 2/16 at 3:00 am ET
• Tennis Channel Plus features live coverage of the Hungarian Ladies Open beginning Monday, 2/18 8:00 am ET
ATP Delray Beach
• Watch Juan Martin del Potro, John Isner and Frances Tiafoe live on Tennis Channel Plus beginning Tuesday, 2/19 at 12:30 am ET.
• See Karen Khachanov, Borna Coric and Stefanos Tsitsipas live on Tennis Channel Plus beginning Monday 2/18, 8:30 am ET