Stanislas Wawrinka, who is into the semifinals at Rotterdam, describes his tennis this week as the best he's played since starting his comeback from knee surgery.
Wawrinka, who went on and off the tour in 2018 as he began his return, has defeated Milos Raonic and Denis Shapovalov back-to-back on his way to the semifinals, where he plays Kei Nishikori.
"I'm going to keep trying to play my best, fight for every point," Wawrinka told Tennis TV following his win against Shapovalov, which he described as a "great level" against a "really tough player." That was even though he dropped a second-set lead before clinching in straight sets.
"Physically I feel really good, and I'm moving and feeling better," he told press.
His assessment of his play against Raonic was similar. "One of the best matches I play for many months now," he told press following the win.
Wawrinka, who fell to Raonic at the Australian Open, also reached the quarterfinals of Doha and has slowly played better this season.
The three-time Grand Slam champion is still working his way back up the rankings, but this is the best showing he has had at an event since starting his comeback.
Nishikori is the top seed at Rotterdam.
ATP Rotterdam (Mon - Sun 2/11 - 2/17)
• See Marin Cilic, Kei Nishikori, Karen Khachanov and Stefanos Tsitsipas live on Tennis Channel Plus beginning Monday 2/11 at 6:30 am ET.
ATP New York (Mon - Sun 2/11 - 2/17)
• Watch Frances Tiafoe, John Isner and Alex de Minaur live from New York starting Monday 2/11 at 11:00 am ET
WTA Doha (Mon - Sat 2/11 - 2/16)
• Starting Monday 2/11 at 7:30 am ET, catch live coverage of the Qatar Total Open featuring Simona Halep, Karolina Pliskova and Angelique Kerber.
ATP Buenos Aires (Mon - Sun 2/11 - 2/17)
• Catch the action from the Argentina Open including Dominic Thiem, Fabio Fognini and Diego Schwartzman. Live coverage begins on Tennis Channel Plus on Monday 2/11 at 12:30 pm ET
USTA College Match Day 3 Lake Nona - (Sat - 2/16)
• Tennis Channel Plus features live coverage of USTA College Matches in Lake Nona on Saturday 2/16 4:00 pm ET