Monday brought plenty of drama, shot-making and intrigue to Roland Garros. These five photos struck a winner in capturing the action on Day 2.
1. This great low-angle view illustrates Jo-Wilfried Tsonga's reaction time to Peter Gojowczyk's forehand down the line as a packed Court Suzanne Lenglen watches.
2. When you've won 11 titles at a Grand Slam, customized shoes are not extra. Rafael Nadal debuted this custom pair of kicks celebrating his Roland Garros history on Court Philippe Chatrier against Yannick Hanfmann.
3. Living on the edge: Sorana Cirstea approaches the net to intercept Kaja Juvan's shot.
4. Teamwork makes the dream work, right?
5. Monday mood: Danielle Collins had plenty of fuel and fire, conceding just two games to Tatjana Maria in claiming her first main draw win at Roland Garros.