1. Ashleigh Barty embraces La Coupe des Mousquetaires after winning her first Grand Slam singles championship, ending Australia's 46-year French Open title drought.
2. Wait, is he actually flying? The hyper-athletic Dominic Thiem elevates and punishes a one-handed backhand. No one is hitting the ball bigger than Thiem this week.
3. A more irritable than usual Novak Djokovic can't believe the call on court. It seems the Serbian is officially ready for Hawk-Eye on clay.
4. A perfectly balanced Barty chips her backhand return. No one could overcome the Australian's variation and feel, using her slice to devastating effect throughout the tournament. Her backhand slice is one of the most developed weapons in the game today.
5. In a match that spanned over 24 hours, Thiem wills his way past world No. 1 Djokovic in a thrilling, three-part 6-2, 3-6, 7-5, 5-7, 7-5 victory. Thiem will play Rafael Nadal in the final for the second straight year.