Will turn 22 on
What he’s done since last summer
- Reached his first Grand Slam second week (Roland Garros)
- Upset Stan Wawrinka, pushed Dominic Thiem to five sets
- Won his first Masters 1000 main draw match in Miami
- Reached his first ATP Challenger final (Rome)
- As a junior Gaston won the 2017 Orange Bowl and the 2018 Youth Olympic Games
The 20-year-old gave French fans something to cheer for at an otherwise gloomy, pandemic-postponed Roland Garros. Standing at 5’8”, Gaston scored a Goliath-level upset over Stan Wawrinka to reach the fourth round.
Once there, pushed US Open champion Dominic Thiem to five sets with some audacious drop shots.