FFT to launch €35 million national COVID-19 relief fund next weekBy May 26, 2020
San Diego Open
ATP cancels China swing, including Shanghai Masters, and adds six 250 events to 2022 calendarBy Jul 21, 2022
Pandemic surge hits Australian Open: Bernard Tomic's COVID-19 prediction comes true, spectators capped at 50 percentBy Jan 13, 2022
Novak Djokovic has been exempted—but his stance hasn’t been vindicatedBy Jan 04, 2022
Rafael Nadal back on track for Australian Open following COVID-19 caseBy Dec 30, 2021
Aussie Open field starts to experience effects of pandemic surge, vaccination issuesBy Dec 21, 2021
"It will happen this year": Stefanos Tsitsipas planning to get COVID-19 vaccineBy Sep 21, 2021
Going to the US Open? Proof of vaccination status now required after change in COVID-19 policiesBy Aug 27, 2021
A vaccinated Sofia Kenin to miss 2021 US Open due to positive COVID-19 testBy Aug 26, 2021
The Rally: if you wanna play a major, you must play by the local rulesJan 18, 2021
FFT to launch €35 million national COVID-19 relief fund next week
A million Euros will go to French players between No. 101 and 500 in the rankings.
Published May 26, 2020
The FFT will launch a relief fund totaling 35 million Euros next week, with a million Euros for French players between No. 101 and 500 in the rankings.
As previously announced by the federation, 21 million Euros will go to French tennis clubs, while a further nine million Euros will be given to players, officials and events affected by the coronavirus pandemic. Teaching professionals will get five million Euros.
"The plan is financed by the FFT's global budget," said the FFT, adding that four million was from tennis leagues and some from government-provided loans.
The announcement comes as the French Open does not begin this week as scheduled, though officials are still aiming to play it following the US Open. The tournament earns €260 million annually, including €70 million profit, for the federation.
But the funding for clubs and players is not dependent on the tournament being played.
"What happens to Roland Garros will not affect the plan," it said.
The plan is the largest announced by any European tennis federation so far. The USTA has announced a plan to distribute $50 million, including for its regional associations.
The LTA in Britain, RFET in Spain and the Italian federation have also announced several million to a few hundred thousand Euros in their plans.