He already broke the record earlier this year, but he just keeps extending it and extending it—and today Novak Djokovic hits another milestone in his already historic career, kicking off an incredible 350th career week at No. 1 on the ATP rankings.

MOST CAREER WEEKS AT NO. 1 IN ATP RANKINGS HISTORY (since 1973):
350: Novak Djokovic
310: Roger Federer
286: Pete Sampras
270: Ivan Lendl
268: Jimmy Connors
209: Rafael Nadal
170: John McEnroe
109: Bjorn Borg
101: Andre Agassi
80: Lleyton Hewitt

Djokovic’s 350 career weeks at No. 1 have come in five stints, with the current one being his second-longest—this is his 75th consecutive week at the top spot.

DJOKOVIC’S FIVE STINTS AT NO. 1 ON ATP RANKINGS:
~ July 4, 2011 to July 8, 2012 (53 weeks)
~ November 5, 2012 to October 6, 2013 (48 weeks)
~ July 7, 2014 to November 6, 2016 (122 weeks)
~ November 5, 2018 to November 3, 2019 (52 weeks)
~ February 3, 2020 to present (75 weeks)

Advertising

Djokovic also holds the record for most year-end No. 1 finishes in ATP rankings history, notching his seventh this year.

Djokovic also holds the record for most year-end No. 1 finishes in ATP rankings history, notching his seventh this year.

Since Djokovic first rose to No. 1 on July 4, 2011, he’s spent far more time at No. 1 than anyone else—this is the 523rd week of ATP rankings since then, not including the freeze in 2020, and he’s spent just over two thirds of that time at the top spot.

WEEKS AT NO. 1 ON ATP RANKINGS SINCE DJOKOVIC FIRST GOT THERE (July 4, 2011):
350 of 523 weeks: Novak Djokovic (66.9%)
107 of 523 weeks: Rafael Nadal (20.5%)
41 of 523 weeks: Andy Murray (7.8%)
25 of 523 weeks: Roger Federer (4.8%)

It’s also worth noting that in addition to spending 350 of the last 523 weeks at No. 1, Djokovic has spent 103 of the last 523 weeks at No. 2—so since July 4, 2011, he's spent 66.9% of the time at No. 1 and 19.7% of the time at No. 2 (a combined total of 86.6% of the last 10-plus years in the Top 2 of the ATP rankings).

And finally…

DATES WHEN DJOKOVIC HIT EACH OF HIS 50-WEEK MILESTONES AT NO. 1:
~ 50th week: June 11, 2012
~ 100th week: September 23, 2013
~ 150th week: June 8, 2015
~ 200th week: May 23, 2016
~ 250th week: May 6, 2019
~ 300th week: December 21, 2020
~ 350th week: December 6, 2021

** Note: None of the above totals include the 22 weeks the ATP rankings were frozen between March and August 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.