Each day on TENNIS.com, we’ll feature Tennis Channel’s Court Report, a rundown of the day that was in the sport—along with our thoughts on what’s happening on the courts around the world.
The semifinals of the Volvo Car Open are filled and ready for more action in Charleston. It was quite the ride to get there during the quarterfinals as dream runs were ended while others soared to career-defining heights.
Mirjana Lucic-Baroni stopped American Shelby Roger's in three sets, having lost the first in a grueling tiebreak but managed to come back and take the next two for a solid, 6-7, 6-1, 6-1 victory. She'll face Jelena Ostapenko in the semifinals.
The Latvian managed to defeat Caroline Wozniacki, easily taking the first set before managing to get a break in the second and riding that chance to a win in the end, 6-2, 6-4. It took four match points, but she ended things in style with a flashy ace.
On the other side of the draw, the dream run for German player Laura Siegemund continued as she ousted the No 8 seed Anastasija Sevastova, 6-2, 6-4. Siegemund had only one win thus far in the season coming into the Volvo Open, but has now managed to find herself in the semifinals.
· This weekend on Tennis Channel Plus, watch LIVE matches from the Davis Cup and Volvo Car Open
· Watch LIVE Davis Cup quarterfinals featuring Spain v Servia, France v Great Britain and Belgium v Italy
· Novak Djokovic fans – watch Djokovic lead team Serbia in their Davis Cup clash against Spain
· From the Volvo Car Open, watch Live Doubles action on Stadium Court
· It will be an action-packed weekend – watch all of the best tennis — Live and On Demand — on any screen — anywhere — only on Tennis Channel Plus!
· If you love Tennis Channel, then you need Tennis Channel Plus for complementary counter programming and additional video content. Subscribe today at BuyTCPlus.com