Andy Murray is recovering from illness in the lead-up to the French Open, according to British press.
The world No. 1 has been on antibiotics and has limited his practice, according to the Daily Mail.
Tim Henman had previously told the newspaper that Murray could still be experiencing the effects of shingles, which he had following the Australian Open. An elbow injury kept him from playing Miami, and he has been slow to get his form back.
"Shingles isn't something to be taken lightly by anyone, let alone an elite athlete," said Henman. "I wouldn't be surprised if the elbow problems were related to that."
Henman suggested that a winning run of four tournaments to finish 2016, following by an extensive training period, could have contributed to the illness occurring.
Murray is back on the practice court, with a few more days before the French Open.
· Get Tennis Channel Plus for Roland Garros to watch 200 live matches from up to five courts, starting with the Qualifying Rounds.
· Watch the Best of Roland Garros 2016 on-demand at any time
· Get Tennis Channel Plus for all of Roland Garros, as well as 650+ live events all year long
· Tennis Channel Plus is available on any streaming device, on mobile, always on the GO (desktop, iOS, Android, Apple TV, Roku and Amazon Fire)
· Subscribe today at BuyTCPlus.com