A number of players pushed to make another statement in Eastbourne, while a two-time former Wimbledon champion competed in a more relaxed environment. These are the Top 5 photos from Friday's action.
1. After falling to Kiki Bertens in their last two meetings, Karolina Pliskova posted a dominating 6-1, 6-2 victory to advance to the Eastbourne final. Pliskova will take on reigning Wimbledon champion Angelique Kerber, who won their only grass-court meeting in 2015.
2. 21 & Under Club star Taylor Fritz is unveiling a new level to his grass-court game. In Friday's semifinal against Kyle Edmund, he saved four set points in the opening set and went on to win, 7-6 (8), 6-3. Fritz will face fellow American Sam Querrey in the final with his first ATP trophy on the line.
3. Top-seeded duo Juan Sebastian Cabal and Robert Farah brought in their first grass-court title in Eastbourne. They defeated Argentines Maximo Gonzalez and Horacio Zeballos, 3-6, 7-6(4) [10-6] to capture their 14th ATP trophy together. The duo proved "it's not over until it's over" by coming back from a 6-3 deficit in the match tiebreaker to claim the title.
4. American Sam Querrey edged past Thomas Fabbiano, 6-3, 6-7 (4), 6-3, to enter his first final of 2019. Querrey. who defeated No. 5 seed Fernando Verdasco previously, has acquired a significant amount of matches that will undoubtedly prepare the 31-year-old for his Wimbledon opener against world No. 4 Dominic Thiem.
5. Rafael Nadal opted to not play a Wimbledon lead-up tournament, feeling he needed to rest and recover after winning his 11th French Open title. However, the Spaniard has participated in the exhibition event in Hurlingham this week. World No. 28 Lucas Pouille won their friendly Friday contest, 6-3, 4-6 [10-5].