Hard-court action continued in San Jose and Washington D.C. on Friday, while a Top 5 star continued to leave his mark on clay. These are the Top 5 photos from a busy day of play.
1. World No. 4 Dominic Thiem is enjoying more clay-court action this week in Kitzbuhel. The hometown favorite is through to his 22nd ATP final after the Austrian dismissed Lorenzo Sonego, 6-3, 7-6 (6). Thiem will face Albert Ramos-Vinolas, who triumphed last weekend in Gstaad, for the trophy on Saturday.
2. It looked like Carla Suarez Navarro might capture her first win over No. 2 seed Aryna Sabalenka in San Jose when she claimed the first set. However, Sabalenka switched to a new level of play and rallied past the Spaniard, 3-6, 6-2, 6-4, to reach the San Jose semifinals. The world No. 10 will either meet American qualifier Kristie Ahn or No. 5 seed Donna Vekic for a spot in the final.
3. Stefanos Tsitsipas is still in the running for his third ATP tour of the year after prevailing over France's Benoit Paire, 7-5, 6-0, in his tenth quarterfinal appearance of the season. The No. 1 seed will battle the winner of Nick Kyrgios and Norbert Gombos in Saturday evening's semifinals.
4. Recent Wimbledon champion Simona Halep will play in the new Adelaide International WTA premier event ahead of the next year's Australian Open. Aspiring tennis players helped spell out Simona during a Tennis Australia media opportunity announcing the Romanian's commitment to the WTA Premier event, which will debut in January 2020.
5. Raven Klaasen and Michael Venus were down match point against Jamie Murray and Andy Murray but the pair never gave up. The former Wimbledon finalists rallied their way to a 6-7 (3), 7-6 (6) [10-7] victory to advance to the semifinals in Washington D.C. The No. 3 seeds have been in top form, capturing the title in Halle and returning to the Wimbledon semifinals. The tandem will take on Lukasz Kubot and Marcelo Melo next.