It's been a thrilling week in Shanghai as the sports young stars shined through the cracks and dominated in this week's Masters 1000 event. These are the Top 5 photos from Saturday.
1. Lukasz Kubot and Marcelo Melo rolled past Nicolas Mahut and Edouard Roger-Vasselin 6-2, 6-4, to reach their third consecutive final-round appearance in Shanghai. The pair is just one win away from becoming the first team in tournament history to capture back-t0-back titles at the Masters 1000 event in China.
2. Alexander Zverev continued his impressive play in Shanghai against Matteo Berrettini. The German smashed 11 aces in his 6-3, 6-4 semifinal victory over the Italian. Zverev fell to Berrettini in straight sets earlier this year in Rome, but the world No. 6 has picked up his play tremendously over the past couple of weeks.
3. Daniil Medvedev is now on an eight match win streak after posting a 7-6 (5), 7-5 score against Stefanos Tsitsipas on Saturday. After his five-set defeat at the hands of Rafael Nadal, the Russian has yet to lose a match. The world No. 4 will attempt to claim his fourth title of the season when he takes on Alexander Zverev, an opponent he has yet to defeat.
4. Bruno Soares and Mate Pavic have yet to drop a set in Shanghai. The pair rallied past Jamie Murray and Neal Skupski, 7-5, 6-4, to set up a final clash with the tournament's reigning champions Melo and Kubot. The duo will be looking to claim their first title of the year together on Sunday.
5. There may be no Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, or Andy Murray left, but the Shanghai crowd packed the stadium to watch both center court semifinals. It's been an exciting week in China as the sports young stars rose to the occasion against tennis' greatest competitors.