The action is underway in Shanghai, but a young and familiar face stole the show once again on the courts in Linz, Austria. These are the Top 5 photos from Tuesday.
1. Roger Federer is back in action this week at the Shanghai Masters event. The 20-time Grand Slam champion rallied past Albert Ramos Vinolas, 6-2, 7-6 (5), in his opening round on Tuesday. The last time these two faced each other was on these very courts in 2015, where the Spaniard upset Federer.
2. Cori “Coco” Gauff shocked the tennis world again in Linz, Austria, where she was selected as a lucky loser to enter the main draw after Maria Sakkari withdrew due to a right wrist injury. The 15-year-old American teen made the most of her opportunity. claiming her first-round match against Stefanie Voegele 6-3, 7-6 (3).
3. Novak Djokovic partnered with fellow Serb Filip Krajinovic at this year’s Shanghai Masters. The unseeded duo fought their way past No. 5 seeds Kevin Krawietz and Andreas Mies, 6-3, 3-6, [10-3], to reach the tournament’s second round. The Serbian pair celebrated as if they captured the Shanghai title.
4. In 54 minutes, Daniil Medvedev was shaking hands with Cameron Norrie. The US Open finalist eased past Norrie, 6-3, 6-1, to reach the third-round in China. Medvedev extended his winning streak to five and will look to keep it going in his next match against Vasek Pospisil.
5. After falling in his Beijing opener against Andy Murray, Matteo Berrettini was in form as he posted a 6-2, 6-1 victory against Jan-Lennard Struff in just over an hour. The No. 11 seed will square off against Cristian Garin for a ticket into the Shanghai third round.