The hard-court action in Linz and Shanghai continued on Wednesday. Top players were pushed, and a rising star is still making the most of her "lucky" opportunity. These are the Top 5 photos that sum it all up.
1. Cori "Coco" Gauff is feeling really lucky after sneaking into the WTA event in Linz due to No. 6 seed Maria Sakkari withdrawing just minutes before her Linz opener. Gauff, the lucky loser, reached her maiden WTA tour-level quarterfinals after Kateryna Kozlova retired with a left lower leg injury, 4-6, 6-4, 2-0.
2. Novak Djokovic improved his head-to-head record against Denis Shapovalov to 3-0 after defeating the Canadian, 6-3, 6-3, in the second round of the ATP Masters 1000 event in Shanghai. The defending champion will next face American John Isner for a spot in the quarterfinals.
3. After falling to 19-year-old Felix Auger-Aliassime in both prior meetings, Stefanos Tsitsipas posted his first victory over the Canadian on Wednesday. The Greek worked the court to record his 7-6 (3), 7-6 (3) win on Shanghai's center court. Tsitsipas will next battle Hubert Hurkacz, who beat him in the Rogers Cup second round in August.
4. Following her runner-up finish in Beijing on Sunday, world No. 1 Ashleigh Barty—who is an Indigenous tennis ambassador—headed to Cairns, Queensland to speak and play with kids at the Edmonton Tennis Club. The Indigenous youth group aids tennis programs all year round in Queensland.
5. French qualifier Jeremy Chardy didn't allow Alexander Zverev to have an easy day at the office in Shanghai. The German saved three set points in the first set before claiming the match 7-6 (13), 7-6 (3). Russia's Andrey Rublev now stands in the way of Zverev reaching the tournament's last eight.