The Deuce Club, 4.15
Hi gang! Last week, I debuted a new Deuce Club chapter (is that what I should call it?), centered on getting better acquainted with the TWibe . . . learning more about the men/women behind the monikers. (Click here to see the post.) I decided the best—and easiest—way to do this was to have TWibers take an "All About Me" questionnaire that my friends and I circulated in our teenage years. Tan was our first “subject" last week, and tonight I'm excited to spotlight another brave TW/DC regular. This poster’s responses will make his or her identity pretty obvious, but I figured I’d spice things up a bit and turn this into a guessing game. (Prize for a correct answer is yet to be determined. Suggestions are welcome.)
So now, here’s ____________!
- Zodiac sign: Capricorn
- Hair color: Various shades of brown
- Eye color: Greyish-blue
- Shoe size: 5 and a half
- Last film you saw: 2012
- Do you have a significant other?: Yes
- Crushes: Lots! Rafa Nadal, Jon Snow (newsreader), Sergio Ramos, Francis Crawford, Mr. Darcy
- Favorite film: Casablanca. And I won’t be convinced out of it.
- Favorite book: Too many to count, but this week I will stick with Mansfield Park.
- Currently reading: Land of Painted Caves by Jean M. Auel
- Favorite poet: Gerard Manley Hopkins
- What you like to do on the weekend: Laze about, cook, watch a bit of tennis
- Favorite sport: Tennis, football, snooker
- Favorite vacation spot: Anywhere that’s in the country. No towns, please!
- Worst fear: Living without love, & loneliness.
- Best feeling in the world: Not suitable for TW!
- Worst feeling in the world: Grief.
- Death: Dust
- Long distance relationships: Difficult but perfectly doable if the love & commitment are there
- Fears: Spiders! [JR: *raises hand*]
- Allergies: Pollen, dust, blue chemical in cleaning stuff, manufactured scents like air fresheners & body sprays & aftershaves.
- Do you believe in heaven and hell?: I don’t think so, at least not Christian versions.
- Do you believe in aliens?: Not Roswell type ones, anyway.
- What do you do that makes your friends mad?: Get carried away by enthusiasm for random things & forget to notice them. [JR: Hmm, is tennis one of them?]
- Bad habits: Extreme untidiness
- Hard liquor or beer?: A shot of brandy or whisky in a cup of tea on a cold camping morning. But generally neither, I mostly don’t drink at all.
- Chicken or turkey?: Chicken as long as it’s free range & had a happy life.
- Love or lust?: Love
- Favorite love song: “Tonight Will Be Fine” by Leonard Cohen
- Favorite break-up song: “Idiot Wind” by Bob Dylan (original New York version)
- What are you thinking at this very moment?: Did I do this right?
- Favorite kinds of clothes: Comfortable ones.
- Have you ever cried in public?: I try not to, I hate crying & its aftermath
- What do you hate: Mean-ness & cruelty
- What makes you angry: Bullying of any kind
- Who would you want to meet?: Charles de Gaulle
- What is the meaning of life?: Why isn’t just being alive enough?
- If you could change one thing that happened in your life, what would it be?: Nothing, in spite of the regrets.
- Favorite TW moment: Jambon Night. [JR: Who else remembers this? A favorite of mine, too!]
Enjoy the weekend, TWibe!