Kyrgios to return, no serious damage to elbow

by: Kamakshi Tandon | March 21, 2014

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email
Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email

AP

Nick Kyrgios plans to return to the tour next month after doctors found no nerve damage in his elbow. The
Australian teenager withdrew from Delray Beach and Acapulco with the injury.

"I'm sure in his mind it's been far from ideal, but he's been pretty good at adopting a long-term approach towards it," his coach Simon Rea told the Sydney Morning Herald.

Kyrgios has been working on his fitness while sidelined and began serving last week, he said.

His return is scheduled to begin at a series of clay events in the United States. Kyrgios, who won a round at the French Open last year, will then aim to get into the qualifying event this year.

 

Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email

More Stories

Catch him when you can: Federer returns for The Match of Africa 4

John Isner, among others, will join the Swiss in Seattle for a charity exhibition match.

Roger Federer opens up further about his new and improved backhand

The 18-time Grand Slam champion hasn't played during the clay-court season. 

Kerber calls loss to Mladenovic one of her worst matches in months

The world No. 2 has gotten past the quarterfinals just twice in 10 tournaments this year.