Tipsarevic, del Potro at different stages on comeback trail

by: Kamakshi Tandon April 11, 2014

AP

Various ATP players sidelined with injury continue to press toward a comeback.

Juan Martin del Potro has had a check-up after wrist surgery, writing on his Facebook page that his surgeon, Dr. Berger, "was pleased with the examination":

 

Del Potro, who underwent surgery last month, is expected to be out for about six months and could miss the rest of the season.

Janko Tipsarevic, who spent most of last year struggling with a heel injury, is planning to play at Dusseldorf the week before the French Open.

"I'm very happy to be back on court," he said in a statement from the tournament. "Dusseldorf is a simply great tournament. I am excited."

Jurgen Melzer, who has spent six months sidelined with a shoulder injury, plans to return at Monte Carlo next week.

"The shoulder is obviously not like new, but is good enough to play tournaments," said the Austrian, who wants to return to the Top 50.

Benoit Paire, who was off for three months with a left patella tendon problem, won his opening match at Casablanca.

More Stories

In a one-sided battle, Petra Kvitova dismantles Dominika Cibulkova to win Wuhan

This is the Czech's maiden title of 2016.

Kristyna Pliskova overcomes Nao Hibino to win first title in Tashkent

The world No.100 defeated the defending champion in a thrilling three sets.

Angelique Kerber's coach reveals hairy superstition

Though Torben Beltz's beard is short for now, there's no doubt he'll be putting the razor down again in the near future.