Almagro pulls out of Wimbledon with foot injury
LONDON (AP) -- Nicolas Almagro of Spain has withdrawn from Wimbledon because of a left foot injury.
The withdrawal of the 25th-seeded clay-court specialist means Vasek Pospisil of Canada has been elevated into the seedings at No. 31, with Russia's Dmitry Tursunov staying at 32.
The draw for the Grand Slam tournament will take place on Friday, with the event starting on Monday.
More Wimbledon Previews:
- Rafael Nadal, the Prince of Grass
- Is Grigor Dimitrov ready to make the leap?
- The Conflicting Career of Marcos Baghdatis
- The Wimbledon Preview Podcast
- Wider Than Wide Open: Women's Thoughts
- No Pressure: Murray's Toughest Task
- Women's Preview: Grand Dreams
- Men's Preview: Wimble-Void?