Djokovic, Serena seeded No. 1 for Wimbledon
LONDON (AP) -- Defending champion Andy Murray has been seeded third for Wimbledon, two places above his current world ranking.
Novak Djokovic was given the No. 1 seeding Wednesday by the All England Club, moving up from his No. 2 ranking.
Top-ranked Rafael Nadal, coming off his ninth French Open title, is seeded No. 2 for the grass-court Grand Slam, which starts on Monday.
Seven-time champion Roger Federer is seeded No. 4, with Australian Open winner Stan Wawrinka at No. 5.
Wimbledon takes into account grass-court records in the men's seedings.
The women's seedings stuck to the WTA rankings, with Serena Williams at No. 1, followed by Li Na, Simona Halep, Agnieszka Radwanska and Maria Sharapova.
More Wimbledon Previews:
- Rafael Nadal, the Prince of Grass
- Is Grigor Dimitrov ready to make the leap?
- The Conflicting Career of Marcos Baghdatis
- The Wimbledon Preview Podcast
- Wider Than Wide Open: Women's Thoughts
- No Pressure: Murray's Toughest Task
- Women's Preview: Grand Dreams
- Men's Preview: Wimble-Void?