Each day this week, we'll preview and predict three must-see matches at the Italian Open.
Simona Halep  vs. Laura Siegemund
Has The Siege of the WTA come to an end? The way Siegemund went through the draw at Stuttgart last month, it looked like we had a new French Open contender on our hands, but she fell back to earth in Madrid. One of the women she beat in Stuttgart was Halep, in a straight-set semifinal; she did the same thing, to the same player, at the same tournament, the year before. Halep hasn’t lost since, and she should be pleased to get a chance at revenge while her confidence is high.
Rafael Nadal  vs. Nicolas Almagro [Q]
It would have been understandable, and maybe even prudent, if Rafa had skipped Rome and turned his eyes toward Paris. But this is his time of year to rack up the wins, so why not get a few more, and possibly an eighth title, in Rome? Almagro has been playing some decent tennis lately—that bizarre thumb-sucking celebration aside. But Nadal leads their head to head 14-1.
Juan Martin del Potro vs. Kyle Edmund
Do you like forehands? Do you like to see them hit 100 m.p.h.? This match will feature two of the biggest in the game; Delpo and Edmund never miss a chance to give the ball a rip, and there should be some spectacular results. They’ve never played, but while Edmund is slowly climbing the ladder, Del Potro is still on a higher rung. After his win over Grigor Dimitrov, he looks like he could do some damage this clay season.
Winner: Del Potro
· Get Tennis Channel Plus for Roland Garros to watch 200 live matches from up to five courts, starting with the Qualifying Rounds.
· Watch the Best of Roland Garros 2016 on-demand at any time
· Get Tennis Channel Plus for all of Roland Garros, as well as 650+ live events all year long
· Tennis Channel Plus is available on any streaming device, on mobile, always on the GO (desktop, iOS, Android, Apple TV, Roku and Amazon Fire)
· Subscribe today at BuyTCPlus.com