Sebastien Grosjean, speaking to French newspaper L'Equipe, has confirmed that he is coaching Nick Kyrgios on a part-time basis.
The Frenchman, who was in Rome with Kyrgios before the Australian withdrew on Tuesday, said he would help the world No. 18 at the majors and during training sessions at his base in Florida, saying this suited them both.
"To be honest, I don't want to be on the road 25 weeks a year," said Grosjean. "Nick needs to have a certain freedom ... He doesn't need someone all the time."
Kyrgios has not had a coach since 2015.
Grosjean, a former Top 10 player, is based at the Evert Tennis Academy in Boca Raton. Kyrgios' girlfriend, Ajla Tomljanovic, also happens to train there. He said he began helping Kyrgios following the Australian Open.
"We are keeping on doing that," he said, adding that their partnership is now official.
Grosjean previously coached Richard Gasquet.
· Get Tennis Channel Plus for Roland Garros to watch 200 live matches from up to five courts, starting with the Qualifying Rounds.
· Watch the Best of Roland Garros 2016 on-demand at any time
· Get Tennis Channel Plus for all of Roland Garros, as well as 650+ live events all year long
· Tennis Channel Plus is available on any streaming device, on mobile, always on the GO (desktop, iOS, Android, Apple TV, Roku and Amazon Fire)
· Subscribe today at BuyTCPlus.com