MONTREAL (AP) — Former top-50 tennis player Rebecca Marino will come out of retirement after more than 4½ years and enter a pair of tournaments.
Tennis Canada announced Tuesday that the 26-year-old Marino will appear in events at Saguenay and Toronto.
Marino left professional tennis in February 2013, and said she had been dealing with depression.
She was ranked as high as No. 38 in 2011, when she was the runner-up at a tournament in Memphis and reached the third round of the French Open, her best Grand Slam showing.
Marino says she started training in September and doesn't have "any ranking goals or result goals right now."
More AP tennis coverage: https://apnews.com/tag/apf-Tennis