The 2019 French Open is almost underway and on Friday, players sat down with members of the press to answer an array of questions. Here are five standout quotes from the busy media day.
1. Last year's finalist Dominic Thiem trained on Suzanne Lenglen court this week in preparation for his opening match against the 136th-ranked Tommy Paul and made quite the declaration about the venue.
"I love the court, Suzanne Lenglen. If I could choose to play one match in my life, I think I would maybe choose Suzanne Lenglen. It's an amazing size, and I have played a lot of great matches there. I love it every year when I play on that court."
2. Thiem's girlfriend, Kristina Mladenovic also met with media Friday, speaking about her new coach Sascha Bajin - former coach to World No.1 Naomi Osaka.
"He's a hard worker, and I like to spend time on court to improve my game, to try new things. And as I have always said, I always have had a lot of respect for him, for a few coaches, to be honest, actually. And I was thinking about him. He has a lot of confidence in his own work. He's really good in his own work and I trust him very much."
3. Gael Monfils lit up when asked about his side of the draw, as there were no early signs of Novak Djokovic or Rafael Nadal standing in the way.
"Well, it's a good thing, otherwise I'd be dead (smiling)."
4. Reigning champion Simona Halep is as hungry as she was a year ago.
"Yeah, I fought hard, and I had many tough moments lifting that, before lifting that trophy, but I'm still motivated because my career doesn't stay in a Grand Slam or ranking."
5. Roger Federer compared this year's tournament to the Australian Open in 2017, admitting he doesn't know what to expect but he feels good.
"I played here for many years. I started here at 20. I won here 10 years ago. It has been one of the greatest moments in my life, so I don't know what to expect as far as the results are concerned."