More exciting grass-court play continued in Halle, Birmingham and Queen's Club on Friday, Many prominent names advanced to weekend play, and a budding star continued climbing towards greater heights. These are the Top 5 photos from Friday's action.
1. Rising Canadian star Felix Auger-Aliassime ousted top seed Stefanos Tsitsipas, 7-5, 6-2, in the quarterfinals at Queen's Club. The 18-year-old is now the youngest semifinalist at the ATP 500 tournament since Lleyton Hewitt in 1999. Last week, Auger-Aliassime played in his first ATP grass-court event in Stuttgart, where he reached the final.
2. Fresh off her spectacular wedding in Italy, Caroline Wozniacki took the practice court on Friday at Devonshire Park. Wozniacki married NBA player David Lee at Castiglion del Bosco in an intimate setting surrounded by family and friends. She'll make her grass-court season debut at Eastbourne next week.
3. Ashleigh Barty rallied past five-time Wimbledon champion Venus Williams to secure her semifinal spot in Birmingham. The French Open champion defeated the veteran, 6-4, 6-3, and is only two wins away from taking the No. 1 ranking away from Naomi Osaka. Barty will take on Barbora Strycova, who she's previously defeated twice.
4. Roger Federer squeezed past Roberto Bautista Agut, 6-3, 4-6, 6-4, to advance to the semifinals in Halle. Federer conceded just his second set to the Spaniard, before adding to his spotless record against Bautista Agut (now 9-0). The Swiss star will continue his quest for a 10th Halle title on Saturday, against Pierre-Hugues Herbert.
5. Gilles Simon battled through a three-hour match against French compatriot Nicolas Mahut at Queen's Club. Simon ended the qualifier's run with a 7-6 (5), 5-7, 7-6 (3) victory in the quarterfinals. He will face Daniil Medvedev and attempt to repeat his 2017 triumph over the Russian.