Rain lightly drizzled over Roland Garros on Monday but that didn't stop any action. These are the Top 5 photos from Day 9.
1. Madison Keys played another great round of tennis and executed when she needed to, ultimately defeating Katerina Siniakova, 6-2, 6-4, to advance to the quarterfinals. For the second year in a row she finds herself in the last eight and will face Ashleigh Barty for a spot in the semifinals.
2. Rain lightly brushed over Roland Garros on Monday but not enough to hinder play. The weather has been kind so far, but the upcoming forecast could soon change that. Thunderstorms are in the picture for Tuesday.
3. In a little over 90 minutes, Novak Djokovic soared into the quarterfinals with a 6-3, 6-2, 6-2 win over Jan-Lennard Struff. It was another imperious performance by the Serb and he inches closer to holding all four Grand Slam titles at once for the second time in his career.
4. Kei Nishikori has a knack for living on the edge. The seventh seed improved his five-set record to 23-6 on Monday, squeaking past home favorite Benoit Paire, 6-2, 6-7 (8), 6-2, 6-7 (8), 7-5. Nishikori had two opportunities to close out the match in the fourth set tiebreaker but Paire resisted. The Frenchman served for the match at 5-3, before Nishikori dug in to snatch the final momentum shift.
5. Ashleigh Barty ended Sofia Kenin's impressive run with a 6-0, 3-6, 6-0 victory. The 23-year-old will play in her maiden French Open quarterfinal on Wednesday against Madison Keys. It's been 46 years since an Australian woman last lifted the French Open trophy and Barty is three wins away from putting an end to the dismaying streak.
Catch up on Week 1 at Roland Garros on the TENNIS.com Podcast: