Saturday's semifinal matchups were thrilling and unexpected as some battles went the distance, one never started, and another is on-going. These are the Top 5 photos of the day.
1. American Alison Riske rallied past Veronika Kudermetova, 6-4, 3-6, 7-6 (5), to enter into her eighth WTA final. The American will be battling against Kiki Bertens for her first title since 2014. "I'm so emotional right now because honestly I didn't feel like I was going to win that match," Riske said.
2. Milos Raonic was slated to play compatriot Felix Auger-Aliassime in the Stuttgart semifinal on Saturday. Unfortunately, Raonic would withdraw before the battle of the Canadians commenced due to back problems. The former Wimbledon finalist skipped this year's clay-court season with a knee injury.
3. Matteo Berrettini had never entered a grass-court semifinals before this year's Mercedes Open. The Italian battled past home favorite Jan-Lennard Struff, 6-4, 7-5, on Saturday to reach his fourth championship match of 2019. He will attempt to capture his first grass-court title against Canadian sensation Felix Auger-Aliassime.
4. Kiki Bertens suffered an unexpected illness in Paris, forcing her to retire from her second-round match at Roland Garros. However, she's back on the court thrilling her home crowd at the Libéma Open. On Saturday, she defeated qualifier Elena Rybakina, 6-4, 6-4, to claim her spot in the tournament's final.
5. Caroline Garcia's semifinal against American Jennifer Brady in Nottingham was full of ups and downs, and the rain made the affair even more challenging. Their match is currently suspended at 4-6, 6-3, 4-3.