It was another great day of grass-court tennis, with a few stars preparing for their long-awaited return and others battling into the deeper rounds. Here are the Top 5 photos from Friday's action.
1. Andy Murray prepares to begin his comeback on the doubles court at The Queen's Club in London with Feliciano Lopez. Murray was unsure if he would ever play tennis again after undergoing a hip resurfacing surgery. Four months later, he states he's feeling better than he has in years, and hopes to return to singles if all checks out.
2. Murray laughs and smiles during his training session. The Scot wore a Catapult vest that allows coaches the ability to access player data during training sessions. The vest helps coaches make better informed decisions concerning strength and conditioning, maximizes performance and perhaps most importantly, minimizes injury risk.
3. Stan Wawrinka also hit the courts at The Queen's Club in preparation for next week's matches. Just like Murray, Wawrinka seemed to enjoy his practice session in London. The Swiss enters the grass-court season following a quarterfinal showing at Roland Garros, before falling to long-time friend Roger Federer.
4. Rain continued to persist in Nottingham. The grass-court tournament has been forced indoors to hard courts all week long, and though players finally had a chance to step onto the grass, showers returned in the afternoon to send play back inside.
5. Tatjana Maria was able to defeat Ajla Tomljanovic, 6-3, 7-6 (7), before the rain returned for good. The World No. 56 is into her first Nottingham semifinal and will face Donna Vekic for a spot in the final. Vekic defeated Kristina Mladenovic, 7-5, 6-4, in a match that was played on two surfaces.