Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer will contest a long-awaited Wimbledon rematch in Friday's semifinal round. They haven't met at the All England Club since their iconic 2008 final—often cited as the greatest tennis match ever played. Need a refresher? Here are five memorable moments from the Rafa vs. Roger classic that unfolded:
1. Rain was a significant part of the narrative, leaving many to wonder if the final would be completed after a second delay sent Federer and Nadal off with the score tied at 2-2 in the fifth. Earlier, Federer had saved two championship points in rallying to win a remarkable tiebreaker.
2. Third time's the charm: after losing to Federer in the previous two Wimbledon finals, including a five-setter a year earlier, Nadal eclipses the Maestro for his first major title outside of Paris.
3. Nadal and Federer embrace as the light fades, with the scoreboard reflecting the titanic tussle.
4. Nadal climbed into the players' boxes and was congratulated by both sides.
5. It doesn't get much classier than this. #respect
Bonus: This wouldn't be complete without Rafa's trademark reaction.