It was a day to remember on Centre Court as Roger Federer defeated Rafael Nadal in his latest grass-court masterclass. In the first semifinal, Roberto Bautista Agut pushed Novak Djokovic before eventually succumbing to the world No. 1. Here are the Top 5 photos from an unforgettable day at the All England Club.
1. Greatness respects greatness. Always class acts, Federer and Nadal share a few kind words after their brilliant four-set encounter.
2. Djokovic and Bautista Agut stunned the Wimbledon crowd with a punishing 45-shot rally, the longest point on record since the tournament began tracking rally lengths in 2005. On the final stroke, Djokovic painted a backhand winner on the line and let out a roar for the enthralled fans.
3. Pure elation: Nadal was the oddsmakers' favorite in this matchup, but Federer took control with unrelenting attacking tennis and impeccable serving. Federer will try for his ninth Wimbledon title on Sunday against Djokovic.
4. He doesn’t have the biggest serve, but it’s certainly one of the best. Federer set the all time Wimbledon ace mark in his fifth service game of the first set, surpassing Goran Ivanesivic’s record of 1,397. Federer fired 14 aces in his semifinal victory.
5. The stars were in attendance for the 40th edition of Federer-Nadal. Legendary 93-year-old narrator and wildlife activist David Attenborough is pictured alongside Hugh Grant. Other notable celebrities in attendance included David Beckham, Jude Law, Bear Grylls, Damian Lewis and Richard Branson.