After a manic Monday to start play, Wednesday saw seeded players right the ship, while formidable champions prepared for Thursday's grass-court action. These are the Top 5 photos from Day 3 at Wimbledon.
1. Up-and-coming American Reilly Opelka is making waves on grass. On Wednesday, he edged three-time Grand Slam champion Stan Wawrinka, 7-5, 3-6, 4-6, 6-4, 8-6, to advance to his first third round at a Grand Slam event. The American entered the grass major on a four-match losing streak but has quickly put that behind him, and will take on 2016 Wimbledon finalist Milos Raonic for a spot in the round of 16.
2. Serena Williams made an appearance on the practice courts with coach Patrick Mouratoglou. After her session, she stopped by to sign autographs and snapped a few photos with fans. Williams had shaky moments throughout her first-round win, but perhaps playing alongside Andy Murray in mixed doubles will help the seven-time singles champion sharpen her game by picking up more reps on the grass.
3. In Wednesday's Centre Court opener, former world No. 1 Karolina Pliskova posted a near-perfect performance against Monica Puig. Last week's Eastbourne champion showcased she has what it takes to go all the way this year, dispatching Puig, 6-0, 6-4, in exactly one hour. Pliskova will face the crafty Su-Wei Hsieh in the third round. who won a close three-set match over the Czech earlier this year in Dubai.
4. Canadian 18-year-old Felix Auger-Aliassime is having a great grass-court season thus far, making the Stuttgart final in his ATP grass debut and following it up with a semifinal showing at Queen's Club in London. After winning his first main-draw match at a major, he continued his upward trend with a 6-3, 4-6, 6-4, 6-2 triumph over Corentin Moutet.
5. Andy Murray and his mother Judy were all smiles after Murray's doubles practice session with partner Pierre-Hugues Herbert. This is the Scot's first Wimbledon appearance since 2017, when he lost in the quarterfinals to Sam Querrey and eventually underwent his first of two hip operations.